Our Members undertake advocacy, drafting and advice in a broad range of issues arising from: land and property law; insolvency and company law; private client law; business, finance and commercial law; construction law/building contracts and foreign and international law, including international Arbitration/ADR.
Our Members cover a wide range of Courts and Tribunals in London and throughout the UK, but instructions are also received from Ireland, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the EU, Gibraltar, the Caribbean, China, Malaysia, Singapore, South East Asia, the United States of America, Dubai and other overseas Jurisdictions. Our members represent multinationals, PLCs, small businesses and private individuals, professionals, insolvency practitioners, local authorities and public sector organizations.
We accept both publicly and privately funded work and, where appropriate, conditional fee work from solicitors, foreign lawyers, in-house legal departments and public authorities as well as direct and public access clients. We additionally offer mediation, arbitration and conciliation services where litigation can be avoided.
All barristers at 9 Stone Buildings are members of The Chancery Bar Association. In addition various barristers are members of the following associations:
- The Property Bar Association
- The Insolvency Lawyers Association
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- The Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Practitioners
- The Revenue Bar Association
- The Commercial Bar Association
- The Professional Negligence Bar Association
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- The London Commercial Law and Commercial Bar Association
- The Society of English and American Lawyers
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- The Technology and Construction Bar Association
- The Society of Construction Law
Many of our members contribute to or edit numerous leading publications and also lecture on their practise areas at conferences and seminars.
The personal profile of each barrister is summarised on their individual page for more detailed information. For more specific information regarding your own issue, please contact our Senior Clerk.
Please select an area from the left hand menu for more specific information.