Specialises in two distinct areas of law – private client (probate, Inheritance Act claims, mutual wills, Court of Protection, wills and trusts) and also Financial Services (interpretation of the Act, collective investment schemes and regulatory issues).
This is with a particular emphasis on drafting. This includes the drafting and interpretation of trusts and wills as well as commercial documents. I have drafted a unit trust for foreign governments, shareholder and takeover agreements, rules and regulations of UK building societies, joint venture agreements and mortgage documentation for UK banks.
2017 Corporate Magazine Global Award “Investment Contracts Barrister of the Year in England”.
I am on the Lexis Nexis Private Client Panel and the Lexis Nexis Commercial Panel.
Lynne has published/updated over 100 books and written various articles including:
- The original update of Halsbury’s on Injunctions.
- The original volume of Atkin’s Court Forms – Financial Services.
- Current publications include Atkin’s Court Forms on Accounts, Co-ownership, Societies and Clubs and Money.
- Articles include the Marketing of Financial Services for the Law Society Gazette and the Doctrine of Mutual Wills for the Trust Quarterly Review.
- Recent articles include a paper for Lexis Nexis on the Impact of Brexit on Mergers and Acquisitions.
BA, Diploma in Law
Lynne Counsell is an independent self-employed barrister registered with the Bar Standards Board of England (ref. no 22551); whose practice is governed by the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales which code can be found at www.barstandardsboard.org.uk; has full professional liability insurance provided by the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Limited (ref BM 2930/015) (details of the world-wide cover are provided at www.barmutual.co.uk); is registered for VAT (reg. no. 494 7651 96); and can be contacted during chambers opening hours by telephone at 02074045055 or by e-mail at email@example.com.