Andrew was called to the Bar in 1997 and has been a partner with major City and International law firms.
He obtained his JIEB qualification in 2007 and qualified as an international arbitrator in 2013.
He has over 20 years’ experience in the insolvency, restructuring and turnaround arena and acts for officeholders, directors, funders and creditors.
During the course of Andrew’s practice he has developed a wide-ranging knowledge of company, partnership, costs, commercial disputes and insolvency law. This enables him to advise clients with a good appreciation of the wider issues relevant to them.
He was a member of the stakeholder committee between 2011 and 2015 advising on the amendments to the Insolvency Rules which culminated in the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016
He acts as an advocate and in an advisory capacity, and has appeared both on his own and as part of a team in a wide variety of cases.
He has experience in:
- Bondholder issues
- Motor industry/motorsport
- Recording industry, games industry and media
- Financial regulation, in particular client money (CASS 5 and CASS 7) issues for administrators
- Hotels and telecoms.
He has advised on:
- Challenging/replacing Administrators
- Challenging CVA decisions, hostile appointments and fraud investigations/recoveries
- Injunctions to prevent the presentation/advertisement of winding up petitions
- The application of CASS 5 and of Berkeley Applegate principles.
- Applications challenging the validity of Company Voluntary Arrangements based on unfair prejudice.
- Applications for appointment of administrators
- Applications for relief from sanctions
- Applications for relief from s.216 Insolvency Act provisions for directors
- Intervening in applications to appoint administrators
- Challenges to officeholders’ fees
- Actions in respect of antecedent transactions by directors
- Shareholder disputes
- Unlawful dividends
- Directors’ duties
Paragraph 81 challenge—improper motive ends administration (Re C A & T Developments Ltd) Lexology 27 January 2020
Challenging Administrators: can they ever do any wrong?
 Corporate Rescue and Insolvency August
- 1996 LLB
- 1997 Called (Lincoln’s Inn)
- 1999 Solicitor
- 2007 JIEB
- 2013 Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) – Arbitrator; MCIArb
- R3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals
1994 Erasmus Utrecht University
- Lincoln’s Inn
- 1994 Erasmus Scholarship Utrecht University