Restrictive Covenants on Land - A Masterclass Live at Your Desk
Thursday 8th October 2020
Seminar - 1.00pm to 4.00pm
Given the current COVID-19 restrictions, 9 Stone Buildings is pleased to announce this event will be proceeding by way of an online webinar. Details are as set out below.
If you would like to reserve a place for this webinar please click here.
This live broadcast session is designed as an in-depth guide to restrictive covenants on land, from creation to discharge.
Daniel Bromilow will address the practical issues which arise in relation to the enforcement of covenants, the interpretation of covenants, when covenants will lapse or be extinguished, and how they can be modified or discharged by an application to the Lands Tribunal.
What You Will Learn
- What is a restrictive covenant, why do they exist and how are they used?
- Creation of covenants – Formalities, Parties and Building schemes
- The Burden of the covenant
- The Benefit of the covenant; Annexation/Classification/Assignment
- Interpretation of covenants – Who, what, where and how?
- Lapsed covenants – Covenants whose time has passed
- Extinguishing covenants; Release, Acquiescence in breaches, change of character, merger of titles
- Discharge and modification by the Lands Tribunal – Statutory grounds and procedure
- Remedies – Damages/Injunctions/ Damages in lieu/Declarations – positive and negative
Please see the link above for further information regarding this webinar
To receive future notification of our seminars please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pass on this information to any colleagues who might find it of interest.