An experienced and versatile advocate and advisor with principle areas of practice in business and commercial litigation, landlord and tenant, housing, mortgage, professional liability, rating and council tax, insolvency, employment, consumer and consumer credit, fraud.
- Kaur v Dhaliwal and others  CN 1109,  EWHC 1991 (Ch.) (Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, s 1(1A) Couple living as man and wife: whether woman maintained by deceased “immediately” before his death)
- Darjan Estates Co. plc v Hurley  1 WLR 1782  EWHC 189 (Ch) (bankruptcy, validity of lease, undue influence by husband in execution of lease by wife)
- Beresford v Sovereign House Estates and anr.  ICR D9, UKEAT/405/11 (joinder of third party as respondent to a complaint in the Employment Tribunal)
- Eaton Square Properties Ltd v Shaw  EWHC 2115,  All ER (D) 09 (tenant seeking substantial economic loss from landlord following disrepair to dwelling)
- Rowallan Group Ltd v Edgehill Portfolio No. 1 Ltd  EWHC 32 (Ch) (unilateral mistake in major commercial property transaction).
- Jones v Twinsectra Limited  EWCA Civ 668 (assessment of costs between solicitor and client under Solicitors Act 1974, County Court jurisdiction).
- Wilson v First County Trust Ltd (No. 2)  EWCA Civ 633  QB 74 (incompatability of s127(3) Consumer Credit Act 1974 with Art 6(1) and Art 1 of the First Protocol of ECHR)
- Wilson v First County Trust Ltd  QB 407 (consumer credit, unenforceable regulated credit agreements, security, Human Rights Act 1998: incompatability of statutory provisions)
- Shanshal v Al-Kishtaini  EWCA Civ 264 (fraud, illegality, sanctions, estoppel, purpose trust)
- Harvest Press Ltd v McCaffrey  IRLR 778 (automatically unfair dismissal under s100(1)(d) of the Employment Rights Act, circumstances amounting to “danger” within that provision).
- Grovit & others v Doctor & others  UKHL 13;  1 All ER 417;  1 WLR 640 (abuse of process, want of prosecution)
Member of the Chancery Bar Association, Public Access Bar Association and SE Circuit.
Registered with the Bar Pro Bono Unit
Martin Young is an independent self-employed barrister registered with the Bar Standards Board of England (ref. no 20596); whose practice is governed by the Code of Conduct of the Bar of England and Wales which code can be found at www.barstandardsboard.org.uk; has full professional liability insurance provided by the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Limited (ref BM 2930/033) (details of the world-wide cover are provided at www.barmutual.co.uk); is registered for VAT (reg. no. 397 2328 21); and can be contacted during chambers opening hours by telephone at 02074045055 or by e-mail at email@example.com.